The ability to innovate, guide change and challenge convention is one of the six updated Government of Canada Key Leadership Competencies.
This one-day workshop is a special version of Spring2 Innovation’s Innovation for Managers course that is designed to give public sector employees the tools they need to be effective innovators.
Innovation for public sector managers, like all Spring2 Innovation courses, has an interactive and dynamic structure that goes beyond theory and lecture. Guided by one of our innovation experts, you will not only learn the fundamental principles of innovation, but also how to apply those principles by working through real-world scenarios.
The next session will be May 29th, 2018 in Ottawa.
- What is innovation?
- How to become more innovative
- Promoting innovation internally
- Sustaining innovation in the face of entrenched conventions
- Supporting innovation as a leader
At the end of the workshop, you will:
- Understand innovation and how to harness it
- Be able to champion a culture that challenges the status quo
- Be able to align and adjust goals to keep new ideas on track
- Be able to support bold thinking, experimentation and intelligent risk taking
Who should attend this course?
You will benefit from this workshop if you are a public sector executive, team leader, manager or team member who:
- Wants to promote change and support a stronger future
- Is looking for the skills and tools to become more innovative
- Wants to enhance their leadership skills
Training sessions are currently available on demand. For more information and to schedule a training session, contact Spring2 Innovation.